Dancing auditions for kids in Union City are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn complicated dance routines they like on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Union City and some tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Union City: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are a couple steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Union City normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition as possible. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Union City can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Resting. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night for the week before the audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Union City take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Union City, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Union City
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, many dancing auditions for kids in Union City are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Union City reviewed by Nicolas Beaulieu
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“After creating an account, I instantly gained access to auditions nearby. Our child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”