Dancing auditions for kids in Union are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they watch on the internet and TV? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Union and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Union: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are some things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Union usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition you can. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Union can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night for a week before the audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives you energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothes get in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Union are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer to learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Union, South Carolina
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Union
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most dancing auditions for kids in Union are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Union reviewed by Lovie Portugal
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“Right after opening an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was auditioning within 1 week!”