Dancing auditions for kids in University Place are designed to find children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complex dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in University Place and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in University Place: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are several steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in University Place normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather information about the audition. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (play, movie, or commercial?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in University Place will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night for a week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in University Place take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Concentrate on your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in University Place, Washington
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in University Place
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in University Place are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in University Place reviewed by Arnulfo Trumbull
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after opening an account, I started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 1 week!”