Dancing auditions for kids in Vallejo are for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Vallejo and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Vallejo: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Vallejo normally require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much information about the audition as possible. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Vallejo could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest. Being rested is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get sufficient rest every night for the week prior to the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Vallejo are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Vallejo, California
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Vallejo
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Vallejo are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Vallejo reviewed by Kaycee Raposo
Registering changed our lives!
“Immediately after registering an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. Our child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”