Dancing auditions for kids in Valparaiso are for children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they like on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Valparaiso and how to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Valparaiso: Preparing
Before the day of the audition there are several things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Valparaiso usually require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition as possible. Here are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Production type (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Valparaiso could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, swimming, and running, dancers build stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest Up. Being rested is always a good rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night the week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before the audition will not only give your body energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Valparaiso take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to memorize the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and motions. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Valparaiso, Indiana
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Valparaiso
We’ve all become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Valparaiso are not so extravagant. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Valparaiso reviewed by Lyle Cranfield
I Love this Site!
“Immediately after registering an account, We instantly had access to dancing auditions in the area. Our kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”