Dancing auditions for kids in Waco are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly perform and learn difficult dance routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Waco and a few tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Waco: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Waco normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research as much details about the audition you can. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Waco can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Rest. Being rested is generally a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion in one night.
At the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of the audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Many dancing auditions for kids in Waco take place in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck hands, face, and toes.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Waco, Texas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Waco
We’ve all become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in Waco are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Waco reviewed by Ferdinand Stoker
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after creating a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”