Dancing auditions for kids in Ware are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated routines they see on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this post you will learn how to search for auditions in Ware and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ware: How to Prepare
Prior to the day of the audition there are a few steps you can take to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Ware typically require routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Research details about the audition. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Production type (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Ware can be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to all different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week prior to the audition. The body won’t rejuvenate from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, troubleshoot, and make quick decisions.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Ware are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the routine.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Ware, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ware
We’ve all become so used to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Ware are not so glamorous. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Ware reviewed by Laurena Sassano
Signing Up changed everything!
“After registering an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”