Dancing auditions for kids in Webster Groves are for children who can already perform. Does your child love to dance? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform difficult routines they watch on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Webster Groves and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Webster Groves: Preparation
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase your chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Webster Groves typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn all the information about the audition as possible. Below are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Webster Groves could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to all different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Get a good night’s rest every night for the week before an audition. The body won’t recover from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition will not only give your body energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Webster Groves are organized in an overcrowded studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, turn, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, there is a tendency to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Improve your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Webster Groves, Missouri
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Webster Groves
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Webster Groves are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Webster Groves reviewed by Vickie Nave
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Service!
“After registering an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. Our kid was at auditions within 3 weeks!”