Dancing auditions for kids in West Freehold are for children that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn difficult routines they like on the internet and TV? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in West Freehold and a couple tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in West Freehold: How to Prepare
Before the day of the audition there are some things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in West Freehold typically demand routines that include many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Gather details about the audition. Below are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, location, date…duh
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in West Freehold will be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not just dance.
Rest. Resting is always a good rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Get a good night’s rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of an audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, focus, and make quick decisions.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is EXTREMELY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in West Freehold are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large blocks of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are typically very specific, precise movements that are intended to be part of the routine. After you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the face, neck, toes, and hands.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in West Freehold, New Jersey
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in West Freehold
Everyone has become so used to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, many dancing auditions for kids in West Freehold are not so extravagant. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in West Freehold reviewed by Veta Micheal
Registering changed everything!
“Immediately after opening a new account, I immediately got access to dancing auditions nearby. My kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”