Dancing auditions for kids in West Yarmouth are for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complicated routines they watch on TV and YouTube? They may have natural talent! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in West Yarmouth and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in West Yarmouth: Preparation
Before the audition there are a few things you can do to increase chances for success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in West Yarmouth normally demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn as much details about the audition as possible. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans and t-shirt?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in West Yarmouth will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio exercises. By regularly running, cycling, and swimming, dancers increase stamina. Kids naturally do these types of activities. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dancing.
Resting. Getting rest is a general rule, but even more important when getting ready for an audition. Sleep well each night the week before the audition. The body won’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give your body energy, but gives your brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in West Yarmouth are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to have a clear view of the instructor.
4. BE PRECISE. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more precise movements in the neck, face, hands, and toes.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, listen to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in West Yarmouth
We’ve all become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in West Yarmouth are not so glamorous. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in West Yarmouth reviewed by Noelle Fernald
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after creating an account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”