Dancing auditions for kids in Westport are designed to find kids who can already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform complex routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this post will will show you how to search for auditions in Westport and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Movies
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Westport: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are some things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Westport typically require routines that include many different styles of dance.
Research the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition as possible. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used during the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, movie, or play?)
Cross Training. Dancing auditions for kids in Westport could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas. For example, dancers benefit from endurance exercises. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build stamina. Kids do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it’s important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not only dance.
Resting. Resting is a general rule, but even more important when you need to focus and be at your best. Sleep well each night for a week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion after just one night.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast the morning of your audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to troubleshoot, make quick decisions, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothes that are comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless specifically requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Many dancing auditions for kids in Westport take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are typically very detailed, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, toes, hands, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to look at what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will ruins your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask questions from the choreographers. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Westport, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Westport
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most dancing auditions for kids in Westport are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Westport reviewed by Matthew Kearl
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after signing up for a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”