Dancing auditions for kids in Wilmington are designed for kids that already perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they see on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Wilmington and tips to prepare for the audition. You can search auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Wilmington: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are a couple things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Wilmington typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research details about the audition. Here are some crucial things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, time, date…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code (ballet leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (movie, commercial, or play?)
Cross Train. Dancing auditions for kids in Wilmington could be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross fit” or “cross training” before. It simply means to train in different areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly running, swimming and cycling, dancers increase their stamina. Children do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not solely dancing.
Rest Up. Being rested is a general rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Sleep well every night the week before the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion after just one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a big healthy breakfast just before your audition will not only give you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The company responsible for the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Wilmington take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you can see the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the choreographer.
4. BE PRECISE. You may be forced to memorize the routine quickly. Don’t just focus on the large sections of movement (step, step, jump, turn, etc.). There are normally very specific, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. FOCUS ON YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s natural to watch everyone else. Focus on you! Concentrate on your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to anyone else, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Wilmington, Delaware
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Wilmington
Everyone has become so familiar with big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Wilmington are not so fancy. Here are a few examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Wilmington reviewed by Suk Gersten
Signing Up changed everything!
“After opening a new account, I immediately got access to auditions nearby. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”