Dancing auditions for kids in Winthrop are for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Winthrop and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Winthrop: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Regularly Practice Different Techniques. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over. Dancing auditions for kids in Winthrop usually demand dance routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Study the Audition. Learn information about the audition. These are some typical things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, time, location…duh
- Dress code (jeans and t-shirt or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (commercial, play, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Winthrop could be physically demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, running and cycling, dancers increase stamina. Children do these types of exercises naturally. As a parent, it is important you expose them to many different kinds of exercise, not solely dance practice.
Rest Up. Resting is generally a good rule, but even more important when you need to be at your best and focus. Sleep well each night for the week before an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. EAT A HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition will not only give you energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The team responsible for the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Winthrop take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are normally very specific, precise movements that are meant to be part of the routine. After you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF. When you’re in a room full of others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your movements and progress. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, move to the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Winthrop, Massachusetts
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Winthrop
Everyone has become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Winthrop are not so glamorous. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Winthrop reviewed by Sherrell Buser
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“After creating a new account, I immediately had access to auditions in the area. My child was at auditions within 1 week!”