Dancing auditions for kids in Woodhaven are designed for kids who can perform. Is your child a natural dancer? Do they have the capacity to quickly learn and perform complicated dance routines they see on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Woodhaven and tips to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Woodhaven: Preparation
Before the audition there are several things you can do to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Woodhaven usually demand routines that incorporate many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Gather as much details about the audition you can. Below are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Date, location, time…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, commercial, or play?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Woodhaven can be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across other areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build stamina. Kids do these types of activities naturally. As parents, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not just dance.
Resting. Resting is a general rule, but especially important when getting ready for an audition. Get enough rest each night the week prior to the audition. The body doesn’t recover from a week’s worth of exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives your body energy, but gives the brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically indicated).
3. GET IN THE FRONT. Most dancing auditions for kids in Woodhaven take place in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to get to the front of the room so you can see the choreographer and learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch lines at some point, but it helps to have a clear view of the routine.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS. You will be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large pieces of movement (step, jump, step, turn, etc.). There are usually very detailed, subtle movements that are meant to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the neck, hands, toes, and face.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room full of others, it’s common to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for doubt and jealousy, which will decreases your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch location if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. Whenever you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not wait in the back. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Woodhaven, Michigan
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Woodhaven
Everyone has become so familiar with major dancing auditions for kids like those on “Little Big Shots” or “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, the majority of dancing auditions for kids in Woodhaven are not so fancy. Here are some examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Woodhaven reviewed by Natasha Burkhard
Registering changed our lives!
“After creating a new account, I instantly had access to dancing auditions in the area. My child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”