Dancing auditions for kids in Wynne are for kids that already perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly perform and learn complex routines they find on TV and YouTube? They may be a natural! In this article you will learn how to search for auditions in Wynne and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Wynne: Preparation
Before the day of the audition there are some steps you can take to increase success and improve your performance.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean repeating the same action over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Wynne typically require dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Research all the information about the audition you can. These are some key things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Location, date, time…duh
- Music used for the audition
- Dress code restrictions (leotard or jeans?)
- Type of production (play, commercial, or movie?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Wynne will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train across different areas of fitness. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly swimming, cycling, and running, dancers build up stamina. Children naturally do these types of activities. As parents, it’s important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance.
Rest Up. Getting rest is always a good rule, but even more important when preparing for an audition. Get enough rest every night for a week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t recover from exhaustion overnight.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. HEALTHY BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before an audition not only gives you energy, but provides the brain nutrients it needs to focus, make quick decisions, and troubleshoot.
2. PROFESSIONAL APPEARANCE. Your appearance at the audition is CRUCIAL. The organization holding the audition is always looking at the physique and technique of the dancers. Wear tightly fitting clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your movements and physique. Loose fitting clothing gets in the way. Don’t wear baggy clothing that hides your body (unless specifically requested).
3. FRONT OF THE GROUP. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Wynne are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the room so you have a good view of the choreographer and learn the routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the choreographer.
4. PAY ATTENTION TO PRECISION. You will be forced to learn the routine quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, jump, step, etc.). There are usually very specific, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you’ve learned the foundation of the routine, pay close attention to the more detailed movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by others, there is a tendency to watch what everyone else is doing. Focus on you! Pay attention to your motions and progress. Don’t compare yourself to the others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Request to switch positions if you can’t see. Even if you’re not the one asking the question, listen carefully to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless explicitly directed to another location). Do not go to the back of the room. You can’t see!
Talent Agencies and Casting Companies in Wynne, Arkansas
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Wynne
Everyone has become so accustomed to big dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, many dancing auditions for kids in Wynne are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Wynne reviewed by Kenny Seelig
Signing Up changed everything!
“After signing up for a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”