Dancing auditions for kids in Yeadon are designed for children who can perform. Does your child love to dance? Can they quickly learn and perform challenging dance routines they find on YouTube and TV? They may be a natural dancer! In this article will will show you how to search for auditions in Yeadon and how to prepare for the audition. You will find auditions for:
TV shows ◘ Plays ◘ Movies ◘ Commercials
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Yeadon: Preparing
Prior to the audition there are some things you can do to improve your performance and increase success.
Practice Different Techniques Regularly. Practicing doesn’t mean doing the same thing over and over again. Dancing auditions for kids in Yeadon normally demand dance routines that include many different styles of dance.
Learn about the Audition. Learn all the details about the audition you can. Here are some standard things to look for that will help you prepare:
- Time, date, location…duh
- Audition music
- Dress code (jeans or ballet leotard)
- Type of production the audition is for (movie, play, commercial?)
Versatility. Dancing auditions for kids in Yeadon will be demanding. You’ve probably heard the terms “cross training” or “cross fit” before. It simply means to train in other areas. For example, dancers benefit from cardio endurance. By regularly cycling, running, and swimming, dancers build up their stamina. Kids naturally do these types of exercises. As a parent, it is important you give them exposure to many different types of exercise, not only dance practice.
Rest. Getting rest is a general rule, but especially important when you need to be at your best and focus. Get enough rest each night for a week prior to an audition. The body doesn’t rejuvenate from exhaustion in one night.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. EAT A GOOD BREAKFAST. Having a nice healthy breakfast just before your audition not only gives you energy, but provides your brain nutrients it needs to make quick decisions, troubleshoot, and focus.
2. LOOK PROFESSIONAL. Your appearance at the audition is VERY important. The company holding the audition is always looking at the technique and physique of the dancers. Wear tight fit clothing that is comfortable. You want to display your physique and movements. Loose clothes get in the way of this. Don’t wear baggy clothes that hide your body (unless otherwise requested).
3. MOVE TO THE FRONT. Lots of dancing auditions for kids in Yeadon are organized in an overcrowded dance studio. Try to move to the front of the group so you have a good view of the choreographer to learn the dance routine. You will most likely switch positions at some point, but it’s helpful to get a clear view of the instructor.
4. ATTENTION TO DETAIL. You may be forced to learn the routine very quickly. Don’t simply focus on the large sections of movement (step, turn, step, jump, etc.). There are typically very detailed, subtle movements that are intended to be part of the routine. Once you understand the foundation of the routine, pay closer attention to the more precise movements in the face, toes, hands, and neck.
5. DON’T GET DISTRACTED. When you’re in a room surrounded by other people, it’s natural to look at everyone else. Focus on you! Improve your progress and movements. Don’t compare yourself to others, it just opens the door for jealousy and doubt, which will dramatically decrease your performance.
6. ASK QUESTIONS. Don’t be afraid to ask the choreographers any questions you have. Ask to switch lines if you can’t see. Even if someone else is asking the question, pay attention to the answer and apply it to your performance.
7. WAIT ON THE SIDES. When you’re not dancing, wait on the sides of the room (unless specifically directed to another location). Don’t wait in the back of the room. You can’t see!
Casting Companies and Talent Agencies in Yeadon, Pennsylvania
Examples of Dancing Auditions for Kids in Yeadon
We’ve all become so accustomed to major dancing auditions for kids like those on “America’s Got Talent” or “Little Big Shots.” But the reality is, most dancing auditions for kids in Yeadon are not so fancy. Here are a couple examples to give you a more realistic idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Dancing Auditions – YouTube”]
Dancing Auditions for Kids in Yeadon reviewed by Alishia Hauser
I Highly Recommend this Site!
“Right after opening a new account, I began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”