Is your kid a great singer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn challenging songs they hear on the radio, TV or YouTube? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Arnold are designed to scout kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Arnold: Preparation
Get a Vocal Instructor. A singing coach will help you choose songs that promote your talent. He/she can teach you techniques to develop the character of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice which can dramatically improve sound strength, range, and intonation. Singing auditions for kids in Arnold have varying requirements. A vocal coach will give you the support you need to prepare for all of them.
Get information about the audition. Know what kind of venue, show, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song style appropriate for the event. If there are no requirements, utilize your strengths.
Solo or choral? Are you going to be singing in a chorus or by yourself? It makes a huge difference. Being able to perform your part in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Arnold may request you to do one or both.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired extremely rapidly if you’re not used to lots of singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outside activities that require you to yell over far distances. Ensure you get a good night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE A SONG WITHIN YOUR ABILITIES. There is a tendency to perform music for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Arnold are rarely designed to find a child with superstar talent. They are usually for finding someone with skills that can meet the needs of the production. Choose a song that features your strengths, but aren’t so challenging that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a song that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a jazz song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with profanity or potentially improper content. The last thing you want is to insult the staff/judges. Singing auditions for kids in Arnold often focus on wholesome family content. Find music that is challenging but has positive material.
4. WARM UP YOUR VOICE. Warm up your voice before you arrive at the audition premises. Unless otherwise instructed, don’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them in the hotel, at home, or in the car on the way if you have to. Just because you’re going to singing auditions for kids in Arnold, doesn’t mean they won’t be challenging. Voice warmups are always necessary when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you even walk into the audition location, prepare what you’re going to do and say. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you’re going to enter the room, how you’ll adjust| the microphone, how you’ll announce yourself to the staff, how you’ll introduce the music and why you want to sing it.
6. MINIMIZE PHYSICAL MOVEMENT. Unless you have been directed to include dancing with the music, make an effort to minimize your movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Arnold don’t commonly request too much movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use body movements that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “we”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE. It may appear to be the smart thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges need someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I can do better” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you aren’t properly prepared. Be confident in yourself. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t stop the performance. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Arnold
We’re too familiar with big time talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most singing auditions for kids in Arnold are not televised. Here are several examples of auditions, to give you an idea of what’s in store:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Arnold reviewed by Silvia Begaye
Signing Up changed our lives!
“After opening a new account, I instantly had access to singing auditions in our location. Our kid was doing auditions within 1 week!”