Does your child live to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly perform hard songs they hear on TV, radio, or YouTube? They may have natural talent! Singing auditions for kids in Canton are designed to find kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays ◘ Concerts
Singing Auditions for Kids in Canton: Preparation
Find a Singing Instructor. A singing instructor should help you choose songs that bring out your strengths. He/she can teach you techniques to improve the individuality of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice that will dramatically improve sound strength, intonation, and range. Singing auditions for kids in Canton have some different requirements. A vocal coach will give you the support you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of venue, show, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song style appropriate for the event. If it’s an open choice, utilize your strengths.
Choir or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a group or by yourself? It can be a big difference. Having the ability to sing your voice in harmony with others is different than singing alone. Singing auditions for kids in Canton may ask you to do one or both.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired very rapidly if you’re not used to lots of singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outdoor activities that require you to shout over far distances. Assure you get a decent night’s sleep before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
The Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT MUSIC WITHIN YOUR ABILITIES. There is an inclination to choose music for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Canton are rarely designed to find someone with superstar talent. They’re usually about hiring someone with talent that can meet the needs of the production. Choose a song that highlights your strengths, but aren’t so difficult that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a piece of music that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a rock band, don’t choose a blues song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t select a song with obscenities or potentially inappropriate lyrics. The last thing you want to do is insult the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Canton often focus on wholesome family material. Choose music that is demanding but has a positive message.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Warm up your voice before you enter the audition premises. Unless otherwise instructed, you shouldn’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them at home, in the car on the way on the way if you have to, or in the hotel. Just because you’re going to singing auditions for kids in Canton, doesn’t mean they can’t be challenging. Warming up your voice is always a good idea when performing.
5. PLAN OUT THE WHOLE AUDITION. Before you ever walk into the audition area, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you can plan your actions. Plan how you’re going to walk out, how you’ll mange| the microphone, how you will present yourself to the casting staff, how you’ll introduce the song and the reason you want to sing it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless otherwise directed to accompany the music with a dance routine, try to minimize your movement during the audition. Singing auditions for kids in Canton don’t normally require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around the stage and only use hand movements that are natural and part of the song (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “us”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the smart thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges want someone with confidence. When you say things like, “My voice is normally better than this” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you weren’t properly prepared. Have confidence in yourself. Prepare yourself before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Canton
We are too familiar with big time TV talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” But, most singing auditions for kids in Canton are not televised. Here are a couple samples of singing auditions, to give you an idea of what it entails:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Canton reviewed by Kristyn Morrisette
Registering changed our lives!
“After signing up for an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”