Is your kid a good singer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform and learn challenging songs they hear on YouTube, TV, or the radio? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Carrboro were created to find kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Carrboro: Preparation
Get a Singing Teacher. A vocal instructor should help you choose a song that promotes your talent. He/she can teach you methods to improve the character of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that can dramatically improve range, sound strength, and intonation. Singing auditions for kids in Carrboro have varying requirements. A vocal teacher will give you the support you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of venue, show, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song that fits the audition. If there are no stated requirements, use your strengths.
Choral or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a choir or as a solo performance? It can be a significant difference. Being able to perform your voice in harmony with others is different than singing by yourself. Singing auditions for kids in Carrboro may require you to do both or just one.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired extremely quickly if you’re not used to continuous singing. Avoid any taxing activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outside activities that require you to yell over long distances. Ensure you get a good night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR ABILITIES. There is an inclination to select music for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Carrboro are rarely about finding a kid who has superstar talent. They are usually for hiring someone with talent that can meet the needs of the production. Select music that plays to your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE MUSIC GENRE. Select a piece of music that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a rock band, don’t choose a country song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t choose a song with cursing or potentially tasteless material. The last thing you want to do is insult the judges. Singing auditions for kids in Carrboro usually focus on family material. Select music that is challenging but has a positive message.
4. WARM UP THE VOICE. Do your warmups before you come onto the audition premises. Unless otherwise instructed, don’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them in the hotel, in the car on the way if you have to, or at home. Just because they’re singing auditions for kids in Carrboro, doesn’t mean they won’t be demanding. Voice warmups are always recommended when performing.
5. PLAN OUT THE WHOLE AUDITION. Before you even enter the audition location, prepare yourself. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you can plan your actions. Plan how you are going to come out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll address the staff, how you will describe the song and why you want to sing it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless otherwise directed to accompany the music with dancing, try to minimize your movement during the audition. Singing auditions for kids in Carrboro don’t typically require a lot of on-stage movement. Don’t wander around the stage and only use hand motions that are natural and part of the song (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “me”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE. It may appear to be the polite thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges are looking for someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I can do better” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you aren’t properly prepared. Have confidence in yourself. Prepare yourself before the audition. If you make a mistake, sing through it. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Carrboro
We are all so used to big time competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most singing auditions for kids in Carrboro are not televised. Here are some samples of auditions, to give you an idea of what it entails:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Carrboro reviewed by Shawnda Keltz
Signing Up changed our lives!
“After creating a new account, I instantly gained access to auditions in the area. Our kid was auditioning within 3 weeks!”