Is your child a great singer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform hard songs they hear on the radio, YouTube, or TV? They may be a natural! Singing auditions for kids in Decatur are designed to scout kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays ◘ Concerts
Singing Auditions for Kids in Decatur: Preparation
Hire a Vocal Instructor. A vocal instructor should help you choose a song that brings out your talent. He/she can teach you techniques to improve the quality of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that can dramatically improve intonation, range and sound strength. Singing auditions for kids in Decatur have many different requirements. A vocal instructor will give you the support you need to prepare for all of them.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of venue, show, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song style that matches the audition. If there are no requirements, utilize your strengths.
Choral or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a chorus or by yourself? It makes a big difference. Being able to carry your voice in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Decatur might ask you to do one or both.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired extremely rapidly if you’re not used to a lot singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outside activities that require you to yell over far distances. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE MUSIC WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITY. There is a tendency to select a song for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Decatur are not usually designed to find a kid who already has superstar talent. They’re usually about finding someone with singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select a song that promotes your strengths, but aren’t so challenging that you risk failing the audition.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE MUSIC GENRE. Select a song that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a pop song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t select a song with cursing or potentially improper material. The last thing you want is to insult the staff/judges. Singing auditions for kids in Decatur normally focus on wholesome material. Find a song that is demanding but has positive material.
4. WARM UP THE VOICE. Do your warmups before you arrive at the audition location. Unless otherwise instructed, you shouldn’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them in the hotel, in the car on the way if you have to, or at home. Just because they’re singing auditions for kids in Decatur, doesn’t mean they can’t be demanding. Voice warmups are always necessary when performing.
5. PLAN OUT THE WHOLE AUDITION. Before you ever enter the audition area, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you’re going to walk out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll announce yourself to the staff, how you’ll describe the music and the reason you chose it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been asked to accompany the music with a dance routine, avoid too much movement during the audition. Singing auditions for kids in Decatur don’t usually require too much movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use hand gestures that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “me” or “we”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may appear to be the right thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges are looking for someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I can do better” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you weren’t properly prepared. Have confidence in yourself. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, keep singing. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Sample Singing Auditions for Kids in Decatur
We’re all so used to television competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” But, most singing auditions for kids in Decatur are not televised. Here are some examples of auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Decatur reviewed by Jeanie Mayers
Registering changed everything!
“Immediately after creating an account, We instantly gained access to auditions in our location. My kid was at auditions within 1 week!”