Is your child an excellent singer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform hard songs they hear on TV, YouTube, or radio? They may be a natural! Singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown are designed to scout children who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Plays ◘ Concerts ◘ Movies ◘ TV Shows ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Elizabethtown: Preparation
Find a Singing Coach. A singing teacher can help you choose a song that promotes your aptitude. He/she can teach you methods to improve the individuality of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice which should dramatically improve intonation, sound strength, and range. Singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown have some different requirements. A singing teacher will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of venue, competition, or show you are auditioning for. Choose a song appropriate for the event. If it’s an open choice, use your strengths.
Solo or choir? Will you be singing in a choral group or by yourself? It makes a huge difference. Having the ability to perform your part in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown could require you to do both or just one.
Allow your voice to rest. The voice gets tired extremely quickly if you’re not used to constant singing. Avoid any taxing activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outdoor activities that require you to shout across long distances. Ensure you get sufficient sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. SELECT A SONG WITHIN YOUR ABILITY. There is a habit to select a song for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown are rarely designed to find someone with superstar talent. They are usually for contracting someone with singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select music that highlights your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE STYLE. Select a song that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a country song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with obscenities or potentially tasteless lyrics. The last thing you want to do is disrespect the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown often focus on wholesome family content. Find music that is demanding but has a positive message.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Warm up your voice before you get to the audition location. Unless told otherwise, don’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them at home, in the hotel, or in the car on the way if you have to. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown, doesn’t mean they can’t be demanding. Warming up your voice is always recommended when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you ever enter the audition location, prepare what you’re going to do. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to walk out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll present yourself to the casting staff, how you will introduce the song and the reason you chose it.
6. MINIMIZE PHYSICAL MOVEMENT. Unless otherwise directed to include dancing with the music, make an effort to minimize your movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown don’t typically require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use hand motions that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “us”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE. It may appear to be the smart thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges want someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I wasn’t in my best voice today” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you weren’t prepared. Have confidence in yourself and your abilities. Prepare yourself prior to the audition. If you make a mistake, sing through it. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Elizabethtown
We’re all so used to television competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most singing auditions for kids in Elizabethtown are not on TV. Here are a few examples of auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Elizabethtown reviewed by Danika Carta
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after registering a new account, I immediately got access to auditions in the area. Our child was auditioning within 2 weeks!”