Does your child love to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly perform complicated songs they hear on TV, YouTube, or radio? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles were created to scout kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays ◘ Concerts
Singing Auditions for Kids in Lake Charles: Preparation
Hire a Singing Instructor. A singing instructor can help you choose a song that promotes your aptitude. He/she can teach you techniques to develop the individuality of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice that can dramatically improve range, sound strength, and intonation. Singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles have some different requirements. A singing instructor will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of venue, competition, or show you are auditioning for. Choose a song style that fits the audition. If there are no requirements, stick to your strengths.
Choir or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a choir or as a solo performance? It makes a big difference. Having the ability to perform your part in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles may require you to do both or just one.
Rest your voice before the audition. The voice gets tired very quickly if you’re not accustomed to sustained singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outdoor activities that require you to scream across far distances. Ensure you get a decent night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITY. There is an impulse to select music for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles are not normally about finding a child who has superstar talent. They are usually for finding someone with singing skills that can meet the needs of the production. Choose a song that promotes your strengths, but aren’t so difficult that you risk failing the audition.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE STYLE. Select a song that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a country song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t choose a song with obscenities or potentially inappropriate lyrics. The last thing you want to do is disrespect the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles usually focus on wholesome content. Select music that is challenging but has a positive message.
4. WARM UP YOUR VOICE. Do your vocal warmups before you come onto the audition premises. Unless otherwise instructed, you shouldn’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them in the hotel, in the car on the way if you have to, or at home. Just because you’re going to singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles, doesn’t mean they won’t be challenging. Vocal warmups are always recommended when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you even walk into the audition location, prepare yourself. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to enter the room, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll announce yourself to the judges, how you will introduce the song and why you chose it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been asked to include dancing with the music, make an effort to minimize your movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles don’t commonly request too much movement on stage. Don’t wander around the stage and only use body movements that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “us”.
7. HAVE CONFIDENCE AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the polite thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges are looking for someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I wasn’t in my best voice today” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you weren’t prepared. Have confidence in yourself and your abilities. Prepare yourself before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Lake Charles
We are too familiar with television talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” But, most singing auditions for kids in Lake Charles are not on TV. Here are a couple samples of singing auditions, to give you an idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Lake Charles reviewed by Alline Hommel
I Can’t Speak More Highly of this Site!
“Immediately after creating an account, We instantly had access to auditions in our location. Our child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”