Is your kid a great singer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform complex songs they hear on the radio, TV or YouTube? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Lancaster are designed to scout children who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Lancaster: Preparation
Find a Singing Coach. A vocal teacher should help you choose songs that bring out your aptitude. He/she can teach you methods to advance the individuality of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice that will dramatically improve intonation, sound strength, and range. Singing auditions for kids in Lancaster have varying requirements. A vocal coach will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of venue, competition, or show you are auditioning for. Choose a song style appropriate for the event. If it’s an open choice, stick to your strengths.
Choral or solo? Will you be singing in a choir or by yourself? It can be a huge difference. Being able to carry your voice in harmony with others is different than singing by yourself. Singing auditions for kids in Lancaster may ask you to do both or just one.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired extremely quickly if you’re not used to a lot singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outside activities that require you to scream over far distances. Ensure you get sufficient sleep before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
The Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITY. There is a tendency to choose music for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Lancaster are not typically about finding someone who has superstar talent. They’re usually for hiring someone with talent that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select music that highlights your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a song that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a pop song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with cussing or potentially inappropriate content. The last thing you want is to insult the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Lancaster often focus on wholesome family content. Choose a song that is demanding but has positive content.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Do your vocal warmups before you come onto the audition premises. Unless told otherwise, you shouldn’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them at home, in the car on the way on the way if you have to, or in the hotel. Just because you’re going to singing auditions for kids in Lancaster, doesn’t mean they won’t be challenging. Warming up your voice is always necessary when performing.
5. PLAN OUT THE WHOLE AUDITION. Before you ever enter the audition area, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to come out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll address the director, how you will introduce the music and the reason you chose it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless otherwise asked to accompany the music with a dance routine, avoid too much movement on stage. Singing auditions for kids in Lancaster don’t usually request a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use body motions that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “me”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the polite thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges want someone with confidence. When you say things like, “My voice is usually better than this” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you aren’t properly prepared. Be confident in yourself. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t stop the performance. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Lancaster
We’re too familiar with TV competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” But, most singing auditions for kids in Lancaster are not televised. Here are a few examples of auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Lancaster reviewed by Audrey Waldman
Registering changed our lives!
“Right after signing up for an account, I instantly had access to singing auditions nearby. My child was at auditions within 2 weeks!”