Does your kid love to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly learn complicated songs they hear on TV, radio, or YouTube? They may be a natural! Singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas are designed to find kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Las Vegas: Preparation
Hire a Vocal Instructor. A vocal coach will help you choose a song that brings out your aptitude. He/she can teach you techniques to advance the character of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice which can dramatically improve intonation, range and sound strength. Singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas have varying requirements. A singing instructor will give you the support you need to prepare for all of them.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of competition, venue, or show you are auditioning for. Choose a song style that fits the event. If there are no requirements, use your strengths.
Solo or chorus? Are you going to be singing in a group or by yourself? It can be a significant difference. Having the ability to perform your part in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas might request you to do both or just one.
Allow your voice to rest. The voice gets tired very quickly if you’re not accustomed to constant singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outdoor activities that require you to scream across long distances. Assure you get sufficient sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
The Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE SONGS NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITIES. There is an inclination to perform music for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas are not normally about finding a child with superstar talent. They are usually about contracting someone with skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select a song that promotes your strengths, but aren’t so difficult that you risk failing the audition.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a song that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a blues song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t choose a song with cussing or potentially improper content. The last thing you need to do is upset the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas often focus on family material. Find music that is demanding but has a positive message.
4. WARM UP YOUR VOICE. Do your vocal warmups before you come onto the audition premises. Unless told otherwise, don’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them at home, in the car on the way on the way if you have to, or in the hotel. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas, doesn’t mean they can’t be challenging. Voice warmups are always necessary when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you ever enter the audition area, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to enter the room, how you’ll handle| the microphone, how you’ll address the judges, how you’ll describe the song and the reason you selected it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been directed to include dancing with the music, make an effort to minimize your movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas don’t typically require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use hand/body motions that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “me”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE. It may appear to be the polite thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges want someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I wasn’t in my best voice today” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you weren’t properly prepared. Be confident in yourself. Get prepared prior to the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Sample Singing Auditions for Kids in Las Vegas
We’re too familiar with television talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” But, most singing auditions for kids in Las Vegas are not televised. Here are some examples of singing auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Las Vegas reviewed by Georgie Stage
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Right after registering a new account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was auditioning within 1 week!”