Does your child love to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly perform hard songs they hear on the radio, TV or YouTube? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg were created to find kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Commercials ◘ TV Shows ◘ Movies ◘ Plays ◘ Concerts
Singing Auditions for Kids in Laurinburg: Preparation
Hire a Vocal Teacher. A vocal instructor can help you choose songs that promote your talent. He/she can teach you methods to improve the character of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice that should dramatically improve sound strength, range, and intonation. Singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg have varying requirements. A vocal coach will give you the support you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of show, venue, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song that matches the event. If there are no requirements, use your strengths.
Choral or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a chorus or as a solo performance? It can be a big difference. Being able to perform your voice in harmony with others is different than singing by yourself. Singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg may require you to do both or just one.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired extremely rapidly if you’re not accustomed to constant singing. Avoid any demanding activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outdoor events that require you to scream over far distances. Assure you get sufficient sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. SELECT A SONG WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITIES. There is an inclination to choose music for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg are rarely about finding a child with superstar talent. They are usually for hiring someone with singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select music that plays to your strengths, but aren’t so challenging that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE MUSIC GENRE. Select a piece of music that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a country song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with cursing or potentially tasteless lyrics. The last thing you need is to disrespect the staff/judges. Singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg normally focus on wholesome family material. Select a song that is challenging but has positive content.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Warm up your voice before you get to the audition premises. Unless otherwise instructed, don’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them in the hotel, at home, or in the car on the way if you have to. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg, doesn’t mean they can’t be difficult. Vocal warmups are always recommended when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you ever enter the audition location, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you’re going to come out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you will address the casting staff, how you will describe the song and the reason you selected it.
6. MINIMIZE PHYSICAL MOVEMENT. Unless you have been asked to accompany the music with a dance routine, avoid too much movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg don’t typically require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around the stage and only use body motions that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “we”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE. It may seem like the appropriate thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges need someone with confidence. When you say things like, “My voice is usually better than this” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you weren’t properly prepared. Have confidence in yourself. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t stop the performance. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Sample Singing Auditions for Kids in Laurinburg
We are too familiar with televised competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most singing auditions for kids in Laurinburg are not televised. Here are a couple samples of singing auditions, to give you a sense of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Laurinburg reviewed by Coralie Skerrett
Signing Up changed everything!
“Immediately after opening a new account, I instantly got access to auditions in our location. Our child was doing auditions within 1 week!”