Is your child a good singer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn and perform hard songs they hear on the radio, TV or YouTube? They may have natural talent! Singing auditions for kids in Millersville are designed to scout children who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Millersville: Preparation
Hire a Singing Coach. A singing coach can help you choose songs that promote your aptitude. He/she can teach you techniques to improve the quality of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that can dramatically improve intonation, sound strength, and range. Singing auditions for kids in Millersville have varying requirements. A vocal instructor will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of show, competition or venue you are auditioning for. Choose a song that matches the audition. If there are no requirements, stick to your strengths.
Solo or choral? Will you be singing in a choir or as a solo performance? It can be a big difference. Having the ability to carry your part in harmony with others is different than singing alone. Singing auditions for kids in Millersville could ask you to do both or just one.
Rest your voice before. The voice gets tired extremely rapidly if you’re not used to continuous singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outside events that require you to shout over far distances. Ensure you get sufficient sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Audition Day: 7 Tips
1. SELECT MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR ABILITIES. There is a habit to select music for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Millersville are not normally designed to find a kid who has superstar talent. They’re usually for contracting someone with talent that can meet the needs of the production. Choose music that features your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a piece of music that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a pop song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t select a song with obscenities or potentially tasteless lyrics. The last thing you need is to disrespect the staff/judges. Singing auditions for kids in Millersville often focus on wholesome material. Select a song that is demanding but has a positive message.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Do your warmups before you come onto the audition premises. Unless told otherwise, you shouldn’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them in the hotel, in the car on the way if you have to, or at home. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Millersville, doesn’t mean they won’t be demanding. Warming up your voice is always a good idea when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you even walk into the audition location, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to enter the room, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll address the judges, how you will introduce the song and the reason you want to sing it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless otherwise instructed to include dancing with the music, avoid too much movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Millersville don’t usually require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around the stage and only use hand/body gestures that are natural and part of the song (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “me” or “we”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may appear to be the right thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges are searching for someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I can do better” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you aren’t prepared. Have confidence in yourself. Prepare yourself before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Millersville
We’re too familiar with big time TV talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most singing auditions for kids in Millersville are not on TV. Here are a couple examples of auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Millersville reviewed by Valorie Kopec
Signing Up changed everything!
“Right after registering a new account, I immediately had access to singing auditions nearby. Our child was auditioning within 3 weeks!”