Is your child a great singer? Do they have the ability to quickly learn complex songs they hear on the radio, TV or YouTube? They may have natural talent! Singing auditions for kids in New Lenox are designed to scout kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Concerts ◘ Movies
Singing Auditions for Kids in New Lenox: Preparation
Hire a Vocal Instructor. A vocal instructor can help you choose a song that promotes your aptitude. He/she can teach you methods to develop the individuality of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that will dramatically improve sound strength, range, and intonation. Singing auditions for kids in New Lenox have varying requirements. A singing teacher will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of venue, show, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song style that matches the audition. If it’s an open choice, stick to your strengths.
Solo or chorus? Will you be singing in a chorus or by yourself? It can be a significant difference. Being able to carry your part in harmony with others is different than singing alone. Singing auditions for kids in New Lenox might request you to do one or both.
Provide your voice time to rest. The voice gets tired very rapidly if you’re not used to lots of singing. Avoid any exhausting activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outside activities that require you to shout across long distances. Ensure you get sufficient sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
The Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITY. There is an impulse to perform a song for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in New Lenox are not typically about finding a kid who has superstar talent. They are usually for finding someone with talent that can meet the needs of the production. Select music that highlights your strengths, but aren’t so difficult that you risk failing the audition.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a song that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a pop song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t select a song with cursing or potentially improper lyrics. The last thing you want is to disrespect the judges. Singing auditions for kids in New Lenox usually focus on wholesome content. Choose music that is challenging but has a positive message.
4. WARM UP THE VOICE. Do your vocal warmups before you arrive at the audition location. Unless told otherwise, you shouldn’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them in the car on the way, at home, or in the hotel. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in New Lenox, doesn’t mean they won’t be difficult. Vocal warmups are always recommended when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you even walk into the audition location, prepare what you’re going to do and say. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you’re going to come out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you will address the casting staff, how you’ll describe the song and why you chose it.
6. MINIMIZE YOUR MOVEMENT. Unless otherwise asked to accompany the music with dancing, avoid too much movement on stage. Singing auditions for kids in New Lenox don’t commonly require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use hand movements that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “us”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the appropriate thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges need someone with confidence. When you say things like, “My voice is usually better than this” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you weren’t prepared. Be confident in yourself and your abilities. Prepare yourself before the audition. If you make a mistake, just keep signing. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in New Lenox
We’re too familiar with television talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most singing auditions for kids in New Lenox are not televised. Here are a few samples of singing auditions, to give you an idea of what to expect:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in New Lenox reviewed by Nicole Badilla
I Love this Service!
“Immediately after creating a new account, I immediately got access to auditions nearby. Our kid was auditioning within 1 week!”