Is your child an excellent singer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform complex songs they hear on YouTube, TV, or the radio? They may be a natural! Singing auditions for kids in Okemos were created to find children who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Okemos: Preparation
Get a Vocal Coach. A vocal coach will help you choose a song that promotes your aptitude. He/she can teach you methods to advance the quality of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that will dramatically improve range, intonation, and sound strength. Singing auditions for kids in Okemos have varying requirements. A vocal teacher will give you the support you need to prepare for them all.
Get information about the audition. Know what kind of competition, show, or venue you are auditioning for. Choose a song style that fits the event. If it’s an open choice, utilize your strengths.
Solo or group? Are you going to be singing in a choir or by yourself? It makes a big difference. Being able to sing your voice in harmony with others is different than singing by yourself. Singing auditions for kids in Okemos could ask you to do both or just one.
Allow your voice to rest. The voice gets tired extremely rapidly if you’re not accustomed to continuous singing. Avoid any demanding activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outside activities that require you to yell across long distances. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT A SONG NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITIES. There is an impulse to select a song for an audition that highlights your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Okemos are rarely designed to find a child with superstar talent. They’re usually about contracting someone with talent that can meet the specific needs of the production. Choose music that highlights your strengths, but aren’t so difficult that you risk failing the audition completely.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE STYLE. Select a song that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a rock band, don’t choose a jazz song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with profanity or potentially tasteless lyrics. The last thing you need is to upset the staff/judges. Singing auditions for kids in Okemos mostly focus on wholesome family content. Choose a song that is challenging but has positive material.
4. WARM UP YOUR VOICE. Do your vocal warmups before you arrive at the audition location. Unless otherwise instructed, don’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them in the car on the way, the hotel, or at home. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Okemos, doesn’t mean they won’t be challenging. Warming up your voice is always recommended when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you even walk into the audition area, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you can plan your actions. Plan how you are going to come out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll address the director, how you will describe the music and the reason you want to sing it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been instructed to include dancing with the music, make an effort to minimize your movement during the audition. Singing auditions for kids in Okemos don’t usually require a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around and only use hand/body gestures that are natural and part of the song (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “us”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the polite thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges want someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I can do better” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you aren’t properly prepared. Be confident in yourself and your abilities. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Okemos
We are too familiar with prime time talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most singing auditions for kids in Okemos are not on TV. Here are a couple samples of auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Okemos reviewed by Corey White
Registering changed everything!
“Immediately after opening a new account, I instantly gained access to auditions in our location. Our kid was at auditions within 1 week!”