Is your kid a great singer? Do they have the ability to quickly perform complex songs they hear on the radio, YouTube, or TV? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach are designed to scout children who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Plays ◘ Concerts ◘ Movies ◘ TV Shows ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Palm Beach: Preparation
Find a Vocal Coach. A singing teacher can help you choose a song that brings out your skill. He/she can teach you methods to improve the character of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice which should dramatically improve range, intonation, and sound strength. Singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach have varying requirements. A singing instructor will give you the support you need to prepare for all of them.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of competition, show, or venue you are auditioning for. Choose a song style that fits the audition. If there are no stated requirements, stick to your strengths.
Choir or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a group or as a solo performance? It makes a huge difference. Having the ability to sing your voice in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach might ask you to do both or just one.
Rest your voice before the audition. The voice gets tired very rapidly if you’re not accustomed to a lot singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outside activities that require you to yell over long distances. Make sure you get a decent night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
The Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT SONGS NOT OUTSIDE YOUR ABILITY. There is a tendency to perform music for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach are not normally designed to find someone who has superstar talent. They’re usually about finding someone with singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select a song that promotes your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a piece of music that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a rock band, don’t choose a pop song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t choose a song with cussing or potentially inappropriate material. The last thing you need is to insult the judges/staff. Singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach normally focus on wholesome material. Find music that is challenging but has positive material.
4. WARM UP THE VOICE. Do your warmups before you get to the audition premises. Unless otherwise instructed, don’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them in the car on the way, the hotel, or at home. Just because you’re going to singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach, doesn’t mean they won’t be demanding. Warming up your voice is always a good idea when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you ever walk into the audition area, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to walk out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll announce yourself to the casting staff, how you’ll introduce the song and the reason you selected it.
6. MINIMIZE PHYSICAL MOVEMENT. Unless you have been instructed to accompany the music with dancing, avoid too much movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach don’t commonly include a lot of on-stage movement. Don’t wander around and only use body gestures that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “me”.
7. HAVE CONFIDENCE AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the smart thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges are searching for someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I can do better” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you aren’t prepared. Have confidence in your abilities. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, sing through it. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Palm Beach
We’re too familiar with big time talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” In reality, most singing auditions for kids in Palm Beach are not on TV. Here are several examples of singing auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Palm Beach reviewed by Boyd Morace
I Love this Service!
“After opening an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was doing auditions within 2 weeks!”