Does your kid live to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly learn complex songs they hear on YouTube, TV, or the radio? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux were created to scout kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Commercials ◘ Plays ◘ Concerts ◘ Movies
Singing Auditions for Kids in Rubidoux: Preparation
Get a Singing Teacher. A vocal coach can help you choose songs that promote your skill. He/she can teach you methods to advance the character of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that will dramatically improve range, intonation, and sound strength. Singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux have some different requirements. A singing instructor will give you the foundation you need to prepare for all of them.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of venue, competition, or show you are auditioning for. Choose a song appropriate for the audition. If it’s an open choice, use your strengths.
Chorus or solo? Are you going to be singing in a choir or as a solo performance? It can be a significant difference. Being able to sing your voice in harmony with others is different than singing by yourself. Singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux may require you to do one or both.
Allow your voice time to rest. The voice gets tired very quickly if you’re not accustomed to constant singing. Avoid any strenuous activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outside activities that require you to shout across long distances. Assure you get a decent night’s sleep before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT SONGS WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITY. There is a habit to perform music for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux are rarely about finding a kid with superstar talent. They are usually about finding someone with talent that can meet the specific needs of the production. Choose a song that features your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition completely.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE MUSIC STYLE. Select a song that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a pop song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with cursing or potentially tasteless lyrics. The last thing you want to do is insult the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux often focus on family content. Choose a song that is demanding but has a positive message.
4. WARM UP THE VOICE. Warm up your voice before you enter the audition premises. Unless told otherwise, you shouldn’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them in the hotel, at home, or in the car on the way if you have to. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux, doesn’t mean they won’t be difficult. Voice warmups are always recommended when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you ever enter the audition area, prepare yourself. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you’re going to walk out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you will address the director, how you will introduce the song and why you want to sing it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been directed to include dancing with the music, avoid too much movement during the audition. Singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux don’t typically request a lot of on-stage movement. Don’t wander around the stage and only use body movements that are natural and part of the song (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “me” or “us”.
7. BE CONFIDENT AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may appear to be the smart thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges want someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I wasn’t in my best voice today” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you weren’t prepared. Be confident in your abilities. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, sing through it. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Sample Singing Auditions for Kids in Rubidoux
We are all so used to television talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” The truth is, most singing auditions for kids in Rubidoux are not televised. Here are some samples of auditions, to give you an idea of what it entails:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Rubidoux reviewed by Coralie Skerrett
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“Immediately after opening an account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was at auditions within 3 weeks!”