Does your child love to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly perform hard songs they hear on TV, YouTube, or radio? They may have natural talent! Singing auditions for kids in Sturgis are designed to find kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Sturgis: Preparation
Get a Vocal Coach. A singing coach should help you choose a song that brings out your skills. He/she can teach you techniques to develop the individuality of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that should dramatically improve range, intonation, and sound strength. Singing auditions for kids in Sturgis have some different requirements. A singing coach will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of competition, venue, or show you are auditioning for. Choose a song style appropriate for the event. If there are no stated requirements, stick to your strengths.
Chorus or solo? Are you expected to be singing in a choir or by yourself? It makes a big difference. Having the ability to sing your part in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Sturgis could require you to do one or both.
Give your voice time to rest. The voice gets tired extremely quickly if you’re not accustomed to constant singing. Avoid any demanding activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outdoor activities that require you to scream over far distances. Assure you get a decent night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
The Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITIES. There is a habit to perform a song for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Sturgis are not typically about finding someone with superstar talent. They are usually for hiring someone with general singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select music that promotes your strengths, but aren’t so challenging that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE GENRE. Select a song that fits the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a jazz song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t choose a song with cursing or potentially tasteless lyrics. The last thing you need is to disrespect the judges/staff. Singing auditions for kids in Sturgis often focus on family content. Select music that is challenging but has a positive message.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Warm up your voice before you arrive at the audition premises. Unless told otherwise, you shouldn’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them at home, in the hotel, or in the car on the way if you have to. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Sturgis, doesn’t mean they won’t be challenging. Vocal warmups are always necessary when performing.
5. PREPARE YOUR PRESENTATION. Before you even enter the audition location, prepare for everything. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you can plan your actions. Plan how you are going to walk out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you’ll address the staff, how you will describe the music and the reason you selected it.
6. MINIMIZE PHYSICAL MOVEMENT. Unless you have been instructed to include dancing with the music, avoid too much movement during the audition. Singing auditions for kids in Sturgis don’t normally include a lot of movement on stage. Don’t wander around the stage and only use hand gestures that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “me”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND BE CONFIDENT. It may seem like the polite thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges need someone with confidence. When you say things like, “My voice is normally better than this” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you weren’t prepared. Have confidence in yourself. Get prepared prior to the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Sample Singing Auditions for Kids in Sturgis
We’re too familiar with big time TV competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” Actually, most singing auditions for kids in Sturgis are not on TV. Here are several samples of auditions, to give you an idea of what it entails:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Sturgis reviewed by Arianna Vickrey
I Highly Recommend this Service!
“After opening a new account, I immediately had access to auditions in our location. Our kid was doing auditions within 3 weeks!”