Does your kid live to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly learn hard songs they hear on the radio, TV or YouTube? They may be a natural singer! Singing auditions for kids in Wakefield were created to scout kids who can perform in front of an audience or for:
Plays ◘ Concerts ◘ Movies ◘ TV Shows ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Wakefield: Preparation
Find a Singing Instructor. A vocal instructor will help you choose a song that brings out your talent. He/she can teach you methods to advance the character of your voice. He/she will also provide you with exercises to practice which should dramatically improve sound strength, intonation, and range. Singing auditions for kids in Wakefield have varying requirements. A singing coach will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Learn about the audition. Know what kind of venue, show, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song appropriate for the event. If it’s an open choice, stick to your strengths.
Solo or chorus? Are you expected to be singing in a choir or as a solo performance? It makes a significant difference. Having the ability to sing your part in harmony with others is different than singing solo. Singing auditions for kids in Wakefield could ask you to do one or both.
Let your voice rest. The voice gets tired extremely quickly if you’re not used to continuous singing. Avoid any demanding activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a concert or outdoor activities that require you to scream over long distances. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep before your audition. This will help your voice to rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. CHOOSE MUSIC WITHIN YOUR CAPABILITIES. There is a tendency to perform a song for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Wakefield are rarely designed to find a child who already has superstar talent. They’re usually for hiring someone with general singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select music that features your strengths, but aren’t so challenging that you risk failing the audition completely.
2. CHOOSE AN APPROPRIATE MUSIC STYLE. Select a piece of music that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a jazz song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t use a song with cussing or potentially inappropriate content. The last thing you need is to disrespect the judges. Singing auditions for kids in Wakefield usually focus on wholesome family material. Find a song that is demanding but has positive material.
4. WARM UP THE VOICE. Do your vocal warmups before you arrive at the audition location. Unless told otherwise, don’t expect to be given a place for warmups. Do them in the hotel, at home, or in the car on the way if you have to. Just because they are singing auditions for kids in Wakefield, doesn’t mean they won’t be difficult. Voice warmups are always necessary when performing.
5. PLAN OUT THE WHOLE AUDITION. Before you even walk into the audition area, prepare what you’re going to do and say. You may not know exactly what the judges expect, but you do know what you want to accomplish. Plan how you are going to come out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you will address the staff, how you’ll introduce the music and why you chose it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been directed to accompany the music with dancing, try to minimize your movement while performing. Singing auditions for kids in Wakefield don’t typically request too much movement on stage. Don’t wander around the stage and only use hand/body gestures that are part of the song and natural (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “we” or “me”.
7. DON’T APOLOGIZE AND BE CONFIDENT. It may appear to be the polite thing to do when you make a mistake, but don’t apologize. Judges need someone with confidence. When you say things like, “My voice is normally better than this” or, “Sorry, I’m not warmed up enough,” it shows that you weren’t properly prepared. Be confident in yourself. Get prepared before the audition. If you make a mistake, don’t hesitate. Do your best, and don’t regret anything!
Examples of Singing Auditions for Kids in Wakefield
We’re too familiar with prime time competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” But, most singing auditions for kids in Wakefield are not televised. Here are some examples of auditions, to give you a sense of what it entails:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Wakefield reviewed by Piedad Hurd
Registering changed everything!
“Right after opening a new account, We started getting access to auditions immediately. My child was doing auditions within 1 week!”