Does your child live to sing? Do they have the ability to quickly perform complicated songs they hear on TV, radio, or YouTube? They may be a natural! Singing auditions for kids in Western Springs are designed to scout children who can perform in front of an audience or for:
TV shows ◘ Movies ◘ Concerts ◘ Plays ◘ Commercials
Singing Auditions for Kids in Western Springs: Preparation
Hire a Singing Instructor. A vocal instructor should help you choose songs that promote your aptitude. He/she can teach you methods to develop the character of your voice. He/she will also give you exercises to practice that will dramatically improve intonation, sound strength, and range. Singing auditions for kids in Western Springs have many different requirements. A vocal instructor will give you the foundation you need to prepare for them all.
Know what you’re auditioning for. Know what kind of show, venue, or competition you are auditioning for. Choose a song that matches the event. If it’s an open choice, stick to your strengths.
Chorus or solo? Are you going to be singing in a choral group or as a solo performance? It can be a big difference. Having the ability to sing your voice in harmony with others is different than singing alone. Singing auditions for kids in Western Springs could request you to do one or both.
Provide your voice time to rest. The voice gets tired extremely rapidly if you’re not used to constant singing. Avoid any exhausting activities that require you to raise your voice, such as cheering at a sports event or outside events that require you to shout over long distances. Ensure you get a decent night’s sleep the night before your audition. This will help your voice rest.
Day of the Audition: 7 Tips
1. SELECT MUSIC NOT OUTSIDE YOUR CAPABILITIES. There is an impulse to select a song for an audition that “shows off” your talent. Singing auditions for kids in Western Springs are not typically designed to find a child who already has superstar talent. They are usually about contracting someone with general singing skills that can meet the specific needs of the production. Select a song that promotes your strengths, but aren’t so hard that you risk failing the audition terribly.
2. SELECT AN APPROPRIATE STYLE. Select a song that is appropriate to the audition. If you are auditioning for a hip hop commercial, don’t choose a blues song for the audition.
3. AVOID OBSCENITIES. Don’t choose a song with cursing or potentially tasteless material. The last thing you want is to disrespect the staff. Singing auditions for kids in Western Springs often focus on wholesome content. Choose music that is demanding but has positive content.
4. DO VOCAL WARMUPS. Do your vocal warmups before you arrive at the audition location. Unless told otherwise, you shouldn’t expect to be allowed to warm up. Do them in the car on the way, at home, or in the hotel. Just because you’re going to singing auditions for kids in Western Springs, doesn’t mean they can’t be difficult. Warming up your voice is always a good idea when performing.
5. PLAN OUT THE WHOLE AUDITION. Before you even walk into the audition area, prepare what you’re going to say and do. You may not know exactly what the judges are looking for, but you can plan your actions. Plan how you’re going to walk out, what you’re going to do with| the microphone, how you will announce yourself to the director, how you’ll describe the music and the reason you chose it.
6. DON’T DANCE. Unless you have been asked to accompany the music with a dance routine, avoid too much movement on stage. Singing auditions for kids in Western Springs don’t usually include a lot of on-stage movement. Don’t wander around the stage and only use hand/body gestures that are natural and part of the song (e.g., pointing to yourself when singing the words “us” or “me”.
7. HAVE CONFIDENCE AND DON’T APOLOGIZE. It may seem like the smart thing to do when you err, but don’t apologize. Judges need someone with confidence. When you say things like, “I wasn’t in my best voice today” or, “My voice isn’t warm enough,” it shows that you weren’t properly prepared. Be confident in yourself and your abilities. Prepare yourself before the audition. If you make a mistake, sing through it. Do your best, and don’t look back!
Sample Singing Auditions for Kids in Western Springs
We are all so used to big time talent competitions like “America’s Got Talent.” The truth is, most singing auditions for kids in Western Springs are not televised. Here are some examples of auditions, to prepare you:
[dyna dynami=”Singing Auditions – YouTube”]
Acting Auditions for Kids in Western Springs reviewed by Kristy Charles
Registering changed everything!
“Right after registering an account, We began getting access to auditions immediately. My kid was at auditions within 2 weeks!”